Christmas!





Merry Christmas everyone! I hope this season has found you all healthy, safe and full of joy. I love the Christmas season. I love the snow, the cold, the lights and the general feel of this season. I miss Winnipeg the most this time of year, call me crazy but I miss the winters. I miss the crisp, dry cold. All that said, this is a great place to live.
We decided to make the trek to Chicago for Christmas this year (because we all know that we never travel... j/k) The kids loved visiting Grandma 'Lain, Aunt Kiki, Uncle Buba, Aunt Erin, Uncle Adam, Jim and of course their little cousin Daisy (who was known as Daisy Head the whole time) We had a wonderful Christmas and a great time visiting everyone. The girls got to make gingerbread houses with Kiki and Erin, we went to the zoo, and they made a HUGE snow man in front of Grandma's house. I made the kids pj's this year that they got to open on Christmas eve, Aunt Kiki gave the girls a gigantic bean bag chair (6 feet) with a tramp to jump on it. It is the hit of the year. They also love the American doll that Kiki gave them, the necklaces from Buba and Erin, and the tutu's from Grandma 'Laine. I surprised Clint by having prints made of his previous artwork that he has given away to people. Thank you to Cathi, Jon, Rachael, Kimberly, Mom and Allie for making that happen! It is a trick to keep presents from Clint, he doesn't try to figure it out he just stumbles on them. This year it was a close call but due to a fluke I was able to keep the actual present a secret, (he knew I had something printed) but he had no idea what it was. I had them printed on canvass so they look just like the originals. He was pretty excited about them. We are still anticipating Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Bennett this coming week, and Grandpa Jim and Grandma Nancy are coming this week from Vegas!!
Other than all that, life is starting to slow down a bit. Clint and I both start school this semester at BYU, the racing season is going to start soon, we have a new teammate and are really looking forward to what this year will hold!
Hope you all have a wonderful New Year! Sorry I didn't get Christmas cards out this year. I may try to send them for the new year, but I'm not promising anything ;).

2 Comments:
Sounds like a great Christmas. It is cool that you are going back to school. Best of luck!
Looks like fun! Love the gingerbread aprons, so cute! Glad you're home safe and sound, I agree, I miss Wpg the most at Christmas too, no place like home.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home