Monday, May 25, 2009

Life is good.





Ahhhh.  Things have started to settle down for us a little bit.  Things have changed once again in our life.  We now live in a house in Provo Utah.  It is actually about two blocks away from where we lived when we were first married.  We have a lot of happy memories here and we are glad to be back.  I firmly believe in choosing to be happy with things so I think that has helped.  Honestly we were happy when we moved out of Provo 5 years ago, but we are happy to be back.  We were able to go to California this month once again to attend another AMA race.  I am very excited to say that Clint finished both races without any crashes, no surgery, no major happenings other than he qualified and finished!  He took 28th and 24th.  You can watch some of his races on speed channel if you have it.  We are very, very happy with that.   For those of you that don't know the sport very well the AMA runs the same tracks every year so most of the guys out there know the tracks very well.  In order to race the rider has to qualify (meaning they have a certain time to run the track, if they don't make the time, they don't race).  It is very difficult to run a fast time on a track you have never been on (or have had about 40 min on).  Clint had to drop 3 seconds in his qualifying session (about 40 min).  He dropped 4 seconds on his last lap out (with 10 seconds left of in the session), I don't know who was more excited!  I was screaming!  It's fun because I had the computer so I knew the second it posted, and got to tell him as he drove the bike up to our pit.  We had a good trip.  We took the girls to the beach, we picked up a piano :)  and we got to wait in traffic while some crazy guy threatened to blow up his car on I-80.  Crazy I know.  Apparently they caught him though.  Well I hope everyone is doing well!  I got my camera finally so I'll post some pics!
(My favorite is the one where Rayne is on Clint's lap while he is signing autographs!  How cool is that!)


And finally a picture of our 'house'.  Which at the track and on vacations I am VERY glad we have it!!!  It makes things very relaxing.  The track temp was at 135 degrees so it was really nice that Clint was able to come in off the track to air conditioning.  It was also great for me and the kids.  Nap times... and a good retreat to be able to get away from it all and spend some family time in our 'home'.   

3 Comments:

Blogger cathi6 said...

Well you're a trooper!! I can't believe all you've been through this past year....it's pretty amazing!!!

May 26, 2009 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger The Powells said...

I don't think I could live on the road like that...you're awesome! I can't wait till we're back in Utah. We miss it a lot. Who knows when that'll be, but we'll come back at some point. Good luck with the racing!

May 28, 2009 at 12:17 AM  
Blogger Denice said...

I'm so glad that things are finally settling down for you guys! You are awesome!! I don't know how you do it, with 4 little kids -- I guess it must be that they have an amazing mom!

May 28, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home